Well, it is that time… exciting but nerve-wracking time! I am packing again! Yip, the day has come and we are moving out of Queenstown, driving up the country to fly out from Auckland on 2 April. We are off to London for our next adventure!
On one level it is exciting but there is this feeling of foreboding, as you simply don’t know what is going to happen. And this is where the trouble comes in, when you pack… How do you know what you might need? How do you decide what the weather might do? You get the picture… Reality is, I can just buy stuff when I get there, so it really doesn’t matter too much.
The hardest part was actually deciding which supplements I wanted to take with me. I certainly didn’t want to be stopped by customs for having a whole lot of unknown “white powder” in my bag, so any of my smoothie ingredients were given to a friend to enjoy. However, there were still these little bottles of various supplements and ultimately I had to decide which ones were more important to me. It was an interesting analogy, seeing which ones had actually really helped me and which ones were merely “experimental”.
Writing this blog has certainly managed to increase my supplies of supplements as I am always recommended something by readers and naturally, being the guinea pig for you, I have to try them.
So, here is the list of supplements that I have to say took priority for me:
- Serrapeptase. These enteric coated enzymes are really amazing and I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone with endo, regardless of what else is going on. They eat away the dead tissue that sits in your abdominal cavity and I have really noticed the difference, with less old deposits in my monthly than ever before! You can read heaps more on this site.
- Ghu Zhi Fu Ling Wan. These are Chinese herbs and I have combined them with the Exclzyme. They work to move out blood stagnation! On a side note, if you look at your tongue and it has a deep purple coating, that indicates blood stagnation in the body. I no longer have this dark purple undertone on my tongue, since combining Ghu Zhi Fu Ling Wan and Exclzyme!
- Omega 3 oils. I have been dosing up on these the last few days as I discovered I actually had two lots of them! It is amazing how much my interstitial cystitis has totally calmed down!
- Liver herbs. I have changed these around a little and gone a little stronger with a herb called bupleurum, Works at clearing out the stones in the liver and breaking them down. It has heaps of other benefits and I am enjoying how my digestion is massively improved too.
- Probiotics. Since doing my colonic, my digestion has been great but I like to keep it stable and hence have the probiotics on a daily basis.
Note: follow links for past articles on the various supplements and where you can purchase them.
So, this was my final list. I am likely to try and sneak some extras in, once I work out the weight on my bags but I thought this was pretty good going! I won’t tell you how hard this was!
The funny thing is, I am realizing that supplements are exactly that… they are an addition… a supplement to something we are already doing. They can “aid” things along but ultimately we need to still follow our healing path and include the necessary steps along the way. I personally believe, the real healing starts when we change massive stuff in our lives—our diet, our exercise, our detoxing and our emotional healing.
I must admit, I feel somewhat dependent on supplements. I feel lost if I am not taking something, like I am not taking care of myself enough if I don’t take something… know what I mean? I think I would ultimately like to get to a place where all I have is one smoothie a day and simply throw everything good into that smoothie—things that are like superfoods or super healing tools.
For now, this is my list. What is yours? What can’t you live without? Does your cabinet look like a health store? Love to get your thoughts on it!