It has been super exciting to start my degree in naturopathy and discovering all about herbs and what can truly heal and help the body. I am learning so much!
So, I created a super new tea for us to drink, which contains my two favorite ingredients, for right now!
Recently I discovered the incredible healing benefits of nettle tea. I had known that nettle was a great option to incorporate from developing my Food Healing Journey course but it was only when I read about it in my herbal studies book that I learnt just how amazing it can be!
The areas that were particularly interesting with relation to Endometriosis:
- It decreases inflammation in the body and assists in the elimination function;
- Reduces irritation in the urinary tract and is a natural diuretic—this is great if you suffer from interstitial cystitis;
- Rich in silicon which is great for the skin (if you are prone to breakouts with Endo;
- Using the root of the plant has been shown to inhibit aromatase conversion. (in other words, the ability to absorb progesterone creams etc would be improved); and
- It aids in the stimulation of T-Cell Lymphocytes, our immune system! This is a great thing for Endo!
2. Pau D’Arco
I have mentioned this herb before but it is one of my favorites. This is actually taken from the bark of a tree and is primarily used to reduce fungal infections in the body. However, because Endometriosis is often linked to candida overgrowth and because this bark has a lovely sweet taste, it is a great combination to make tea.
This tea will also help Endo:
- It contains quercetin. Quercetin has incredible healing properties, including anti-inflammatory properties, immune supporting and chemo-protective qualities. There was a study done which indicated that quercetin can actually reduce lesions in mice! Check it out.
- It protects us from any cancers and inhibits tumor growths. This is great for anyone with a family history of breast cancer or other estrogen-dominant conditions.
- Reduces inflammatory responses in the body.
- Reduces any fungal and bacterial infections or overgrowths significantly.
- Boosts red blood cell production—great if you have lost a lot of blood during your monthly.
How to make it?
Just combine equal amounts of each (roughly 1 tablespoon of each) and let it seep for 10 minutes. Drink warm or cold.
Got any more ideas for fabulous tea ingredients to add? Would love to hear from you!