Many women with Endometriosis also experience Adenomyosis alongside having Endometriosis. It is like a double whammy of symptoms and pain! Though many doctors and practitioners often recommend a hysterectomy as the only solution at resolving Adenomyosis, I managed to track down an amazing woman who decided to go against this advice and find a better way for herself.
Heather Jacobson is the founder of the amazing support space Natural Endometriosis and Adenomyosis Treatment (NEAT) and has been supporting women around the world and giving them ideas on how they can better manage their symptoms naturally with having endometriosis and adenomyosis.
I was lucky enough to interview Heather for Endo Empowered and would love to share some of her tips and insights which lead her to lead a 90% pain free life, without the need for a hysterectomy.
Some key takeaways shared by Heather:
- Our past and our emotional pain reveals itself as physical pain
- Stress is one of the biggest contributors of pain in the body
- Facing our emotional pain will really allow us to move forward (it takes courage but the pay off is worth it!)
Links shared to recommendations shared by Heather:
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- EMDR Therapy
- Sensory Motor Therapy
- The body keeps the score – book by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- ACE Test
- Stop the thyroid madness book
- What your doctor may not tell you about Menopause
- Magnesium Citrate (buy off iherb here)
- Curcumin (buy off iherb here)
I really appreciate Heather and her amazing mission to treat herself naturally. She has gone against the odds and proven what is possible for the body. I believe we can all do so much to heal ourselves and having women like Heather as an example, just makes it more believable to achieve.
Feel free to share any questions you might have for Heather and I can notify her to share her thoughts or contact her through her Facebook Support Group NEAT, here.