Established in 2010
When I first went to see a specialist about my Endometriosis, he insisted on doing a series of blood tests and one of them was to test my liver. He also checked my liver while I had my operation and he thought everything was fine and normal. So, it was dismissed as a possible factor in my healing.
Since going on my personal voyage of discovery and trying to find the real source of Endometriosis and why we have it, the answers always seemed to point to a poor liver function. Everything I read, every angle that I take from different practitioners always point to the liver, so why did it not show up as being at fault all those years ago when I first discovered I had Endometriosis?
Well, after some further research I discovered the reason. The liver is a very strong organ. It bounces back easily but it also doesn’t show weakness until it is in its very late stages of disease. Doctors perform routine blood tests to check our liver function but the reality is, these tests only show if we have liver DAMAGE. So, in the later stages of liver failure.
The liver keeps its damage on the inside. It is only once the damage is so severe that the cells leak out and show up in the blood.
There is a way to test our liver function. They are called Functional Liver Detoxification Profile tests. The liver is challenged using caffeine, salicylate and paracetamol and samples of urine and saliva are then collected at different times after we have taken them. They are then independently tested to see how easily the body detoxifies and eliminates these drugs from the body. They are expensive but perhaps can give you piece of mind that your concerns with Endometriosis are in fact linked to the liver. You can get them from various laboratories.
There is a less expensive way to tell if you have poor liver function. All you need to do in look in the mirror, smell and assess how you feel.
- Check your tongue. Has it got a white coating on it? It should be a nice pink colour all over. Any coating is a sign your body is not able to get rid of its toxins in the body.
- Circles under your eyes? I know I have suffered from this for years! You may also have white little lumps on the skin just under your eye. They are another obvious sign of poor liver function.
- Are you often bloated, have a little belly that won’t disappear no matter what you eat or avoid? It sticks out all the time and seems to be there even when you loose heaps of other weight!
- Are you sluggish, tired and have an unclear mind often
- Do you suffer from bad breath?
Interesting isn’t it?