Established in 2010
Hi there my fellow Endo Sister,
My name is Melissa and the founder of Endo Empowered & an Endometriosis Wellness Expert. I work with women who would like to manage their endometriosis holistically.
This work came about through my personal journey with having stage 4 endometriosis and feeling completely disempowered and limited within my own life. By going through this journey and coming out the other side, living a normal life, not restricted by endometriosis, I feel it is my duty to share my knowledge with women around the world.
What separates my service from other practitioners is that I specialize in endometriosis and use a complete and holistic approach to manage endometriosis successfully. Because of this, you will receive proven, specific and step-by-step information on exactly what you need to do to manage your endometriosis successfully.
What makes me qualified to share this knowledge?
I am currently in my fourth year of completing my Naturopath Degree for Natural Medicine – only one more year to go! This degree allows me to enhance my existing knowledge and give me a piece of paper to validate what I know! My knowledge on endometriosis has come through a personal passion to feel well and uncovering every clue I could to understand it. There is no institution that teaches what I have uncovered as it is endometriosis specific. I no longer experience pain or symptoms with endometriosis and believe women need to know what I have uncovered.
My extensive knowledge on endometriosis has come through the following:
- Living with endometriosis for over 20 years and finally getting to a place of overcoming endometriosis.
- Working with women around the world with different stages of endometriosis and successfully helping them to manage their endometriosis.
- Over 7 years of specific research on endometriosis and using a natural approach.
- Interviewing naturopaths and experts in the field of women’s health and endometriosis.
- Reading every book, research paper and document about endometriosis that I could find in the last 5 years.
- Attending seminars, events and conferences focusing on women’s health.
- Working on Endo Empowered full-time without a job to distract me from this important work.
Why do I do this work?
I am truly passionate about helping women with endometriosis and believe strongly that we can manage endometriosis using a holistic approach. I have seen it over and over again and want ALL women with endometriosis to at least try it! Here are some stories of women who have approached endometriosis naturally and the results they have had. The cool thing is that there is no risk or danger in trying my approach and how awesome would it be, if it actually worked?
Endometriosis affected me in a big, big way. I mostly felt stuck and restricted in my life choices. I felt like my life purpose was lost in the sea of operations, painkillers and days and weeks of pain. I put on a brave face to the world but inside I was really struggling. Life felt harder than it needed to. I was exhausted all of the time and pain was just part of my everyday life. The truth was that I was hiding behind a mask, trying not to show my weaknesses and determined to not let endometriosis restrict my life but pushing myself each day to get through. Then I would desperately hope that somehow tomorrow it would be more bearable.
I felt like I was missing out on the true essence of my life. I was merely getting through, overcoming pain and that increasing sense of being overwhelmed and tired. Inwardly I felt defeated by endometriosis and there were these constant worries about my health and my fertility. Do you feel that too?
I get it!
- That inexplicable pain that wrenches deep inside of you and draws every inch of your being into it.
- The “not being heard”, being told that you are exaggerating or that “it is all in your head.”
- The longing to be understood.
- The lack of knowledge and the frustration around this disease. No one seems to know anything about it and the research is so limited or one-sided.
- The embarrassment of describing this disease to others. The “You have what?” and then having to go into the gory details of cysts and growths, only to be told that it all sounds terrible.
- The worry and fear of the endometriosis itself, it spreading, it limiting your fertility and all the years wasted in dealing with it.
- The frustration, grief and sadness that comes with dealing with disease. How it limits your life for even the most basic things like walking, visiting friends or attending events. The limits on traveling, on enjoying your partner sexually, on furthering your career and doing the things you truly wish to do on a bigger scale.
The things we have probably both done…
- Spent a full day crying and worrying about endometriosis and letting it own us, even if it was just for a day!
- Cursed our bodies and the endometriosis for being there. Resenting that we even have endometriosis. Feeling like it just isn’t fair.
- Cried on the bathroom floor, waiting for the painkillers to kick in.
- Taken more than the prescribed amount of painkillers because they just didn’t seem to work!
- Blaming ourselves for this disease. Believing that perhaps we were simply not doing enough.
Let us explore the Endo Empowered way!
Perhaps you are lost on what to do to manage your endometriosis? You’ve tried the recommendations typically shared within the medical community and they either didn’t help or you struggled to deal with the side-effects. Perhaps you are tired of having those operations all the time and having to spend so much time recovering afterwards?
The Endo Empowered approach to managing endometriosis is based on a strategy I developed called the REACH Technique©. It is a step-by-step strategy which considers all the aspects of using a holistic approach. I created it after testing and researching endometriosis for over 7 years. There are no risks with this approach as it is all natural. If you are ready to start implementing the REACH Technique©, then I recommend joining my free Kickstarter program by registering your details here.
I want you to feel pain and symptom free too!
Empowering women to discover how they can manage this condition effectively is something I feel truly passionate about and therefore dedicate myself to, as my full-time job. It is something I feel destined to do. How selfish would I be, if I didn’t share my findings with every woman out there with endometriosis?
Whether you are new to endometriosis, have had it for years, wish to get pregnant or simply want to experience one pain free period, it’s all about supporting our bodies fully, providing for it and helping it, so it can rebalance and heal. Each element of the REACH Technique© will guide you on how to do this. Find out more… click here.
Do you have questions and need my help?
It can feel overwhelming to know what to do and how to approach endometriosis to truly get results. To give yourself the best chance, I recommend searching through my blog articles – there are over 500 articles to choose. Alternatively, you can submit a question to me. I pick questions to answer each week and then publish them live on Facebook Live or on my YouTube channel. Make sure you sign up as a member to be notified and see the responses.
A little about my personal life:
I currently live in Auckland, New Zealand with my husband and little puppy Wilson. I have lived in more than 5 different countries including growing up in South-Africa, living in London, Spain, Germany and Australia.
Here are some photo’s of my life:
It is lovely to meet you and I look forward to you beginning your journey in managing endometriosis holistically.
- My first introduction to how to manage endometriosis can be found in the REACH Kickstarter program. To sign up, click here.
- Also, you can explore my blog with my latest articles on health, wellness and personal experiences here.
- Get to know me on Facebook and get updates, motivational quotes and super awesome stuff to support you!
Thank you for reading my story and feel free to share your story below.
Big hugs and healing,