There is a strong link between the symptoms of Gluten Intolerance and Endometriosis.
Did you know Gluten is in more than just bread? It can be found in beer, Soy Sauce and sweets!
In this video I look at the possible link between the two and look at some of the symptoms which are closely related.
Here is a list of the specific symptoms:
- Tired, exhausted, lethargic
- Uncomfortable tummy
- Bloated and gas troubles
- Gastric reflux and heartburn
- Diarhoea and constipation
- Unhappy with your weight
- Eating problems
- Lack of energy
- Runny nose or sinus problems
- Chronic iron deficiency
- Osteoporosis, bone or joint pains
- Dermatitis, eczema or bad skin
- Headaches and migraines
- Feeling depressed or moody
- Find it hard to think clearly
- Poor sleep
- Hyperactivity or feeling cranky
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
No, you don’t need to have all of them to potentially be gluten intolerant. Even if you just answered yes to 3 of them, this could be an indicator….. unfortunately they are so similar to what we experience with Endo, it is hard to tell the difference???
So, perhaps it is worth getting a blood test? Here is a list of the tests you should ask for from your doctor:
- tTG Antibody
- Total IgA immunoglobulin levels
- Ferritin (checks for iron stores)
- CRP – (checks for inflammation in the bowels)
Your doctor shall interpret these for you. The likelihood is that most of the tests will come up high if you are intolerant to gluten. Your iron levels will be low.
What are your thoughts? Do you already eat gluten free? What is your experience with Gluten and Endometriosis? Feel there is a connection? Did it perhaps come first and Endo followed? Does it simply aggravate the Endometriosis?
Would love to hear your thoughts!