Discover how I got Pain & Symptom Free:
There have been moments when I have felt like “the lone ranger” with my healing journey. In those moments, I think we crave someone to join us. I think for me, the hardest part was actually…. other people. You know what I mean – friends, family and even flatmates. I didn’t like having to stand out and say: “actually I don’t eat that or do you mind if I just have salad?”. It made me uncomfortable in many situations as to “them”, I was strange and odd and well, “did I think I was special?”
I kinda hoped that my partner would stand with me when these things happened. I kinda hoped he would say: “yes, fruits and vegetables are a much better way to eat” He didn’t. He would be polite and eat what was put in front of him and he wouldn’t offend anyone. These are qualities that I have always loved about him, so it was hard to want both. He is liked by everyone and is just an easy going guy. – Typical Kiwi!
He has always supported what I do but he never really committed to any huge changes. He isn’t sick and he doesn’t have pain, so quite simply…. the motivation to change just isn’t there. I can understand. I don’t think I would’ve made any of these changes if it weren’t for that friendly reminder each month or the pain I experience when I divert from eating right. I feel differently about everything now that I have made the changes, but it took a level of commitment to get here… which is not always easy.
So….. I was SUPER EXCITED last night when James (my fiancee) said that he would like to do a Juice Fast with me! Super excited!
We watched Fat, Sick and nearly Dead. If you haven’t seen it – go watch it now! This movie was done so incredibly well.
My review of Fat Sick and Nearly Dead:
- It didn’t slash anything – this is common in most of the other food documentaries. It didn’t delve into how terrible everything is and how we are swamped with fast foods etc. That message kinda came through, without having to be said.
- It was always positive. Even when Joe went and interviewed others, he never judged them for their choices. It was open and positive and somehow left the viewer to make their own judgements – I was struggling personally with some of the answers by those being interviewed…just wanted to yell at them but that is my journey….
- It made it all sound really easy. Just Juice and walk. You don’t need to do anything else. Just those two things. Juice and walk. Most other documentaries give us too much choice and are somehow confusing.
- It was inspiring and showed the clear results of juicing.
- It was complicated. No, oh I need a fancy juicer, that is going to cost me 1000’s of dollars. I need to juice organic and all these criteria. Just juice what you can get with a simple juicer.
So, last night, we ordered a juicer together – how cute and it should hopefully arrive within the next few days. Then it is juicing time!
I will keep you posted on when we start and you can join me if you like.
Have you done a juice fast? What did you experience? Does your partner do stuff with you? Feel free to share in the comments below…