Established in 2010
I had never considered that our thyroid could be a factor on how we feel. I assumed everything had to do with our digestion, our nutrition and all the other factors but then….. it dawned on me! Of course, the thyroid controls our hormones and our hormones regulate EVERYTHING in the body – including our digestion, our moods, our endometriosis and even how warm or cold we feel.
Here is something interesting…. the list of symptoms associated with an under active Thyroid:
- Menstrual irregularities
- Lack of sex drive
- Cold intolerance or elevated sensitivity to chill
- Stiffness and pain of the joints
- Unexplained weight gain – not always
- Dry and pale skin
- Coarse and brittle hair
- Brittle nails
- Muscle aches and tenderness
- Digestive issues
- Muscle weak spot
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Low coronary heart rate
Now, I found out about under active thyroid through this book that I am reading, Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry. It is really interesting and very direct. In it she says that there are some basic things we can do to get the balance back:
- How cool is this…. MACA! Yes, my favourite was on top of the list! – this explains so much!
- Remove ALL mercury in the mouth! She says without this, we will never get the balance back.
- Eat protein containing meals upon rising – eggs, fish, nuts, chicken. Can’t imagine eating chicken for breakfast but okay!
- No soy products
- Eating heaps of coconut oil
- Reduce intake of Phytoestrogens
- Lower intake of Walnuts, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts, Peanutes and Radishes.
- Eating too many grains
The causes of under active thyroid are put down to the usual suspects, toxins in the body. Pollution, smoke, plastics and pesticides. They play havoc with our hormone balance.
There are heaps of options suggested in the book but I shall research them further before posting them up here. Please don’t take any drugs for Under Active Thyroid – they make it much worse according to Elaine!
What is really interesting about this discovery is the strange connections with things. = Feeling cold. Now this is usually associated with Chinese Medicine theory. Their solution is to eat warming foods. Maca and proteins are very warming foods. Interesting?
So, the circle seems to be getting smaller and smaller and I really feel like my research is taking me by the hand and leading me to the answers! It is quite exciting making all these discoveries! Can’t wait for the next book to arrive!
So, if you have the above symptoms along with Endo, definitely get onto the Maca Root and get your fillings replaced! I have my appointment next week!
Have you noticed these symptoms? Do you feel better or worse when you take Maca? Eat nuts/ eggs for breakfast?