You may have a little fungus that has grown into a massive invader simply lurking in your body, making you sick and much, much worse. You may not even recognise that the symptoms you are experiencing are actually all linked to this fungus, including infertility and pain. It is called Candida. I know when I first heard the word Candida, I thought it was just thrush which you get down there… you know the white itchy stuff but the reality is, Candida is probably living in all of us without that common symptom. 1 in 3 Americans has this in their body without recognising it!
Here are some of the symptoms:
- Clouded thinking
- Bad Breath
- Menstrual pains
- Trush in the mouth (slimy white saliva). Check your tongue. Does it have a white layer on it?
- Unclear memory recall
- Yeast vaginitis – the trush you’re thinking of
- Skin conditions like Athlete’s foot, eczema, itching and skin sensitivity
- Allergies and sinus issues
- Sore joints and muscles
- Abdominal gas and bloating
- Sensitivity to fragrances or strong smells
Now I don’t know about you but I answered yes to almost all of those!
What makes Candida worse?
- Sugar. I know you are going to hate me for this one but the sugar in natural sources is included in this one. That means apples, carrots and beetroot too :(.
- Starches and flours. This means anything where yeast would grow. Flour, bread, potatoes, cakes etc.
How did we get it?
We have thrown out the balance and killed off the good bacteria which fight off Candida.
- Dairy products
- Mercury poisoning
- Weak immune system
- Birth Control Pills
- Stress – thoughts of rejection or feelings of low self worth
What do we do about it?
Make the environment in your body less favourable to live in. Stop feeding it what it likes! Sugar, starches and things that ferment. This includes beer, flours and sugar.
Get heaps of sunlight. These little critters like the warm, damp areas of your body. Get some sun on your body! I know everyone is always ragging us about protecting ourselves from sunburn but we need to dry out the insides with sunlight. Choose a time of day when the sun is not super hot, like first thing in the morning and smother yourself in coconut oil. This will protect the skin, plus coconut oil is also absorbed into the body to fight off the bug. – it has anti-bacterial properties. Ideally you want to lie in the sun completely nude…. but a bikini will be fine too. Enjoy it. Soak it up
Get lots of oxygen to flush it out. This means, better breathing and exercise. Take up some deep breathing exercises to really get the air into those cells. Here is a great video on how to do this.
Get the damp out of your environment. It loves damp warm spaces. Make sure your home is dry and free from damp.
How to kill the little sucker!
- Drink some tea! Pau d’arco tea is the most recommended. Drink this tea four times a day. You can also drink Cat’s Claw Tea and Horsetail tea.
- Olive Leaf Extract. Drink 30ml twice a day. How to make your own Olive Leaf Extract.
- Take MSM which clears out mercury in the body and toxins.
- Increase the good salts in your diet. Get Kelp Salt. This contains seaweed which is also brilliant for killing off the Candida.
- Bee Pollen contains heaps of minerals and vitamins and is a natural infection fighter.
- Increase the garlic and onion quantities in your diet.
- Oregano Oil capsules
- Berberine Herbs
- NCD Liquid Zeolite
Maintain a good diet to prevent the Candida coming back. That means increase:
- Cucumber – excellent for flushing things out
Also get heaps of good bacteria into the body to fight it off:
- Miso Soup
- Yoghurt from organic sources. Try buffalo, sheep and other varieties. Remember: no sugar yoghurts
- Incorporate Coconut Oil in your cooking and daily use. If you haven’t had any, have a teaspoon before bed. Also great as a natural moisturiser!
- Drink Olive Leaf Extract and the above tea options every week or so, just to ensure they don’t come back.
While this Candida is living in your body, your digestion will be the first thing to be affected. It then slowly invades all other areas of your body. It gets into the bloodstream which affects everything.
So, get onto it right now! This is not something you want to have living in there to completely take over your body!
If you are not sure you have Candida, it doesn’t hurt to drink the teas and the other suggestions as they will clear out any toxins you have in your body anyways. I drink Olive Leaf Extract daily as it protects the body from any infections anywhere